Agree or disagree with this quote? Why or why not?
When you hear the word failure - what does it conjure up in your soul? Do you feel tension somewhere in your body? Do you remember an earlier event or circumstance where you failed and maybe, perhaps, even felt shame? Who would you most hate to be seen as?
Brennan says that we often are blocked toward moving toward some of the most important things in life (esp. love -whether of God, self or others) because of our fear of failure.
Sometime today, create some space to journal or think about this:
- What very important thing (loving God, self or others) might you be avoiding for fear of failure?
- How does being hurried (busy) distract you from attending to the most important things?
- Would you characterize your faith as being shallow or deep? (shallow=not accepting weakness, failure, brokenness; deep = accepting weakness, failure, brokenness in the light of God's love)
- How would you love this week if you knew you could not fail?
- How might you create space to attend to loving God, self or other this week?
Join the Unhurried Revolution!