Living Unhurried #35 - Celebrate!
We celebrate things like birthdays, anniversaries and sports team victories.
Are you too hurried to enjoy the life God is giving?
Consider thanking Him by partying well!
I do not celebrate life enough because, well, I'm too busy and often, I try to make the celebration way too elaborate. Consider these questions and respond with whatever wells up in your heart to do or say!
- When was the last time you celebrated something or someone?
- What was a favorite celebration in your life? Describe what made that celebration memorable. What does that say about your needs in regard to celebrating well?
- What keeps you from celebrating life, friends, self, God, and loved ones?
- What needs a little celebration in your heart and life?
- Even if it is only for a half hour, plan to celebrate something profound (or seemingly ridiculous) next week. Take a walk, go dancing, bake your favorite cake, uncork some bubbly, laugh, fingerpaint a card and give it to your kid (or a kid at heart) - and celebrate, at the minimum, that you are Loved!
Join the Unhurried Revolution!