"Love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your mind,
with all your strength."
~ Luke 10:27
Continuing on from the previous posts - here are some reflection questions - mostly borrowed from a 12 step recovery article - but with some of my own added. As you consider these, it's not just trying to figure out how to have a "balanced" life or even to come up with an elaborate plan of how I can love God better. Instead, lean in and listen to how the Lord is inviting you to a life of love in the areas of your body, emotions, mind and relationships. Letting God define what a life of love looks like is more important than self-imposing huge "shoulds" "oughts" and pious expectations upon ourselves.
Today we will consider loving God with our souls/emotions:
- Am I honoring my emotions?
- Was I able to express my feelings in my journal or to others?
- Have I spent quality time with someone this week?
- Did I take time to play and laugh?
- Were there moments this week where I didn't feel free to be myself? What masks did I use to keep others from getting close?
- Can I describe what my heart is longing for in life and in relationship with God?
- In what ways have I responded to God emotionally loving the core of me (warts, foibles, fears and all) this week?
Now ask God,
- "How are you inviting me to love you with my soul?"
- How do you feel about His invitation?
- What one thing might you do this week to respond to his invitation?
Join the Unhurried Revolution!