The first and greatest command is summed up in love...and if we have not love we are noisily irksome according to 1 Cor 13 right?
Here are some reflection questions - mostly borrowed from a 12 step recovery article - but with some of my own added. As you consider these, it's not just trying to figure out how to have a "balanced" life or even to come up with an elaborate plan of how I can love God better. Instead, lean in and listen to how the Lord is inviting you to a life of love in the areas of your body, emotions, mind and relationships. Letting God define what a life of love looks like is more important than self-imposing huge "shoulds" "oughts" and pious expectations upon ourselves.
Over the next few days I will post the questions from the 4 different quadrants of loving God...today we start with "strength":
- Am I honoring my body? (What does that look like? How do I know when I'm not?)
- Have I listened to its aches and tensions? (What are they telling me? How will I respond?)
- Did I take time to rest? (And is the rest adequate?)
- Did I get some exercise? (How much exercise am I happy with?)
- Did I eat a balanced meal?(or how many times did I eat well this week?)
- "How are you inviting me to love you with my strength/physical body?"
- How do you feel about His invitation?
- What one thing might you do this week to respond to his invitation?
Join the Unhurried Revolution!