"Love the Lord your God with all your heart,
with all your soul,
with all your mind,
with all your strength."
~ Luke 10:27
Continuing on from last Friday's post - here are some reflection questions - mostly borrowed from a 12 step recovery article - but with some of my own added. As you consider these, it's not just trying to figure out how to have a "balanced" life or even to come up with an elaborate plan of how I can love God better. Instead, lean in and listen to how the Lord is inviting you to a life of love in the areas of your body, emotions, mind and relationships. Letting God define what a life of love looks like is more important than self-imposing huge "shoulds" "oughts" and pious expectations upon ourselves.
Continuing from last Friday, where we examined loving God with our physicality, today we will consider loving God with our minds:
- Am I honoring my mind?
- Have I taken time to read a good book or attend an interesting class?
- Am I being stretched to think about/ponder/examine things that I don't yet understand - what things am I dogmatic about? What would I like to learn more about?
- Was I able to exchange ideas with a friend?
Now ask God,
- "How are you inviting me to love you with my mind?"
- How do you feel about His invitation?
- What one thing might you do this week to respond to his invitation?
Join the Unhurried Revolution!