Music to help you Unhurry Up™
Want some soothing music to help you Unhurry Up™?
Try out Ancient Faith radio
They have some mobile apps too (I have it on my iPhone) -
Here's a little exercise for listening:
1) What one or two words describe how you feel as you come to play this music? (Tired? Busy? Expectant? ???)
2) Put on the music, sit or lie down and close your eyes. Breathe deeply two or three times.
3) Linger with the music, paying attention to what it evokes in you? Can you envision a scene? or does it elicit a longing within you? How do you feel about the scene and/or longing?
4) Maybe pray a simple prayer: "Lord I consent to Your Love." or "Speak, Lord, your servant is listening."
5) Keep breathing deeply. But also let your body respond to the music however it wants...to fall asleep, to tap a toe, to get up and dance.
6) When you feel ready, change your posture, say a quick prayer of thanks to God for this space, and pay attention to how you now feel. What one or two words describe how you feel after stilling and receiving this unhurried space with God?
Would love to hear any feedback of how this goes for you. Blessings!