Thank you for registering with reFresh for our day retreat. Here are some details for you that will help you prepare for our time together:
“Prayer is like this:
With simplicity of heart
we allow ourselves to be gathered up into the arms of the Father
and let Him sing His love song over us.”
Richard Foster, Prayer: Finding the Heart’s True Home
I'm looking forward to being with you soon @ Oasis! We have watched the Father wondrously embrace people each time during the reFresh days – so we're expectant again, that God knows how to gather each of us up in His arms and sing over us! We're glad the Lord has prompted you with this desire to pull away to be with Him and honored that we get to do this together.
Please plan to arrive by 10 a.m. – we will have some morning coffee/tea and light refreshments available.
As you prepare to come, here are a few thoughts that have been helpful to others.
1. This is not a time to plan the future or to evaluate the past – so please do not bring calendars or planning materials. It is a time to be present with the Lord…so do bring journal, comfortable clothes and walking shoes; Bible, art stuff, camera(if you like taking pictures and it helps you focus), a magnifying glass if you want slow down to look closely at interesting things; etc.
2. Consider asking a handful of your good friends/supporters/intercessors to cover you/us in prayer during your time. In fact, have them start even today as I’m sure there will be “distractions” to keep you from coming.
3. Start slowing down one thing a day – walk more slowly from your car to the store; eat more slowly, linger longer with one of your friends, a pet or looking at nature. Try to live part of your day without a watch/clock. Perhaps even stop at noon each day and take 2 minutes to take some deep breaths and stretch. If you’re really ambitious to try being unhurried, drive all the way to DreamGiver’s in the right hand lane without passing anyone!
4, The grounds of Oasis are beautiful – there is a deck, some woods, and even a tennis court! Never know what NW weather will bring – so if you want to be outside, (there are plenty of spots to linger, saunter or frolic) feel free to layer accordingly!
For those of you who like to have a sense of what the day looks like:
* 10ish – Welcome/intro to day
* 10:15ish - Worship and “de-cobwebbing” as heart prep for day
* 10:45ish til Lunch – Individual time to enjoy Lord (we will observe silence to help create space to settle down, and to listen)
* 12:30ish – Lunch together
* 1ish – Re-gather for short corporate re-focusing.
* 1:15- 3:50 – More free personal time
* 2:45 - optional group debrief of the day
* 3:50 - 4 – Closing corporately
Thanks again for being a part of this – I’m praying for each of you as this day is forthcoming. Don’t hesitate to email or call if you have any last minute questions. And if you haven't already, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SEVERE DIETARY ISSUES.
Also, if you haven't paid in full online, please bring cash with you to the retreat.
See you soon
Paula Gamble, MA. Certified Spiritual Director
reFresh: unhurried space for the soul
reFresh is a ministry dept. of Artists in Christian Testimony Intl