come saunter, linger and frolic awhile
Online registration for reFresh day retreats
Please use this page to register for day reFresh - If you want to register for the ACT Journey, click here
You can pay online (in full) by pressing the "buy now" button to the right. To pay by check or cash, please see payment details on day reFresh page.
Thank you for registering with reFresh for our day retreat. Here are some details for you that will help you prepare for our time together:
“Prayer is like this:
With simplicity of heart
we allow ourselves to be gathered up into the arms of the Father
and let Him sing His love song over us.”
Richard Foster, Prayer: Finding the Heart’s True Home
I'm looking forward to being with you soon @ DreamGiver’s Inn! We have watched the Father wondrously embrace people each time during the reFresh days – so we're expectant again, that He knows how to gather each of us up in His arms and sing over us! We're glad the Lord has prompted you with this desire to pull away to be with Him and honored that we get to do this together.
If you're not already spending the night at DGI, please plan to arrive by 10 a.m. – Linda will have some morning coffee/tea and light refreshments for us. When you turn into the driveway toward DGI, veer left toward "parking." After you park, please walk to the far lower left entrance of DGI - (the former garage remodeled into a living room). We'll start our day together there.
As you prepare to come, here are a few thoughts that have been helpful to others.
1. This is not a time to plan the future or to evaluate the past – so please do not bring calendars or planning materials. It is a time to be present with the Lord…so do bring journal, comfortable clothes and walking shoes; Bible, art stuff, camera(if you like taking pictures and it helps you focus), a magnifying glass if you want slow down to look closely at interesting things; etc.
2. Consider asking a handful of your good friends/supporters/intercessors to cover you/us in prayer during your time. In fact, have them start even today as I’m sure there will be “distractions” to keep you from coming.
3. Start slowing down one thing a day – walk more slowly from your car to the store; eat more slowly, linger longer with one of your friends, a pet or looking at nature. Try to live part of your day without a watch/clock. Perhaps even stop at noon each day and take 2 minutes to take some deep breaths and stretch. If you’re really ambitious to try being unhurried, drive all the way to DreamGiver’s in the right hand lane without passing anyone!
4, The grounds of DreamGiver’s are beautiful – there is a covered deck with rockers as well. Never know what NW weather will bring – so if you want to be outside, (there are plenty of spots to linger, saunter or frolic) feel free to layer accordingly!
5. Finally – several folks have washed their cars before coming – only to find that the last mile or so to DGI is a dirt/dust road. So, just passing on a tip – don’t wash your car until after reFresh!
For those of you who like to have a sense of what the day looks like:
* 10ish – Welcome/intro to day
* 10:15ish - Worship and “de-cobwebbing” as heart prep for day
* 10:45ish til Lunch – Individual time to enjoy Lord (we will observe silence to help create space to settle down, and to listen)
* 12:30ish – Lunch together
* 1ish – Re-gather for short corporate re-focusing.
* 1:15- 3:50 – More free personal time and optional 30 minute spiritual soul coaching appointments start
* 3:50 - 4 – Closing corporately
Thanks again for being a part of this – I’m praying for each of you as this day is forthcoming. Don’t hesitate to email or call if you have any last minute questions. And if you haven't already, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SEVERE DIETARY ISSUES.
Also, if you haven't paid online or sent your check for full or remaining payments, please bring check or cash with you to the retreat. Checks can be made payable to reFresh/A.C.T. Intl . If you need to "redeem" a gift certificate online via paypal, please do that prior to coming to the retreat.
See you soon
Paula Gamble, MA. Certified Spiritual Director
reFresh: unhurried space for the soulreFresh is a ministry dept. of Artists in Christian Testimony Intl
DIRECTIONS to DREAMGIVER’S INN
7150 NE Earlwood Road, Newberg, OR
From I-5 North or South — (7.4 miles from Wilsonville exit #283)Take Wilsonville exit #283.Go west (towards Newberg) on Wilsonville Road for approximately 6.4 miles.Turn right on Earlwood Road.Go one mile to Inn on your right.
From Newberg — (10 minutes from Hwy. 219)>From Highway 219 go east on Wilsonville Road for approximately 5.5 miles.Turn left on Earlwood Road.
The Inn is one mile on your right.
From Sherwood — (15 minutes from Old Town)>From Sunset Blvd. go south on Ladd Hill Road. Turn right on Kramien Road by white church (then stay left on Kramien at fork).
Turn left on Earlwood Road.
The Inn is on quarter mile on the left.
reFresh exists to create unhurried spaces to help spiritual artists, leaders, pastors, clergy and spiritual leaders discover, recover or deepen their intimacy with God.
Congrats to Paula - her devotional reached #1 Bestseller in Devotionals on Amazon (free)!
reFresh is a ministry of
Thanks for supporting reFresh by buying your Amazon items through this link!
Copyright © 2012-2016, Paula Gamble. All rights reserved.